Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Middle of the week

Sleeping has become an intermittent issue again.  Monday and Tuesday I woke up at 4:30 and couldn't fall back asleep, but I caught up by going to bed at 9:00 last night, and sleeping until 6:00.  Awesome. 

Back in September, I made a list of goals I wanted to work toward this year.  For the record I always think in school years.  Let's revisit those, shall we?
  1. Be free of stupid debt.  Working on that every month - the stolen debit card numbers set us back a bit, but at least we had paid down enough that we didn't have to borrow money from anyone to eat.
  2. Read between 50 and 100 books.  I read before I go to bed and when I wake up, two different books.  Before bed I'm still reading Teacher Man, and when I wake up, I'm currently reading Buddhism Without Beliefs.  I also have Moby Dick on my iPhone, for those times when I have a bit of time, but no book to read on my person.  I just got a couple of great books for the Festival of Zorton that that also look exciting.  I've actually considered getting rid of some of the books I currently own, but will never read.
  3. Speak better French.  I signed up for a weekly conversation class, which starts next week.
  4. Move forward on my school.  I've made a lot of progress in this area.  Currently waiting for feedback on the budget.
Looks like I've made a bit of progress in each of the areas...I'll keep going.

No comments: