Friday, December 10, 2010

Fake it 'til you make it

Today I pretended to be an MC.

I was asked to facilitate a game for our Holiday Christmas party of 115 people, to which I agreed, and to which I was not looking forward.  There was no way I could get out of it.  Before the festivities began, I envisioned myself telling a joke, what I would say to intro, how I would look moving the cord to the microphone as I walked across the room.  Totally saw it in my head.  And do you know what happened?  It was an out-of-body experience.  I became, super MC lady.  I faked it 100% and I pulled it off.  I'm not going to think back at the details of it because I'm sure I could find something that I didn't do great, but the point is I didn't get up there and act so nervous that I made everyone else uncomfortable.

Also, I'm never doing it again.
.

No comments: