Thursday, November 11, 2010

War

I'm not a fan of the war, or of any war.  Today on Veteran's Day, I've got mixed feelings.

I thank our soldiers past and present for sacrificing their lives, their sanity, their families, their stability, their futures.  Thank you; those are huge things to give up.  I know people can be forever changed after war, some in ways they may never have imagined.

I don't want someone to have to kill people on my behalf.

Increasingly, it is revealed that the true motives behind war are not what is presented to the public, and that some of our young folks head off into battle with a general idea of what they're fighting for, (America) but the reality of that is fuzzier. 

In this shrinking world, our world, we have to move beyond the testosterone and into non-violence.  We must force ourselves to communicate, identify, collaborate.  We should not resort to explosives and bullets and hate - these are not options anymore.

From the German Wikipedia

No comments: