Saturday, October 16, 2010

The nice kids

Today I had a playdate with JG and her kids, her friends S and N and their kids.  Each and every one of the kids was kind.  They all played well together, not a mean word or argument, no hitting, pushing or intimidation.  Why are these kids not going to my kids' school?

The kids' school is currently Bully Central, and it's a lot of work on Bryan's part dealing with hooking up with the parents and letting them know, working on mediation so that they're not being picked on.

There's a lot about bullying in the news these days, and it's disheartening to see that it starts so early.  It's not okay; it's not just kids being kids.  It's mean and unnecessary, and it doesn't need to happen.

So I'm the pushy, overbearing, over-involved parent.  I don't care; if it keeps my kids safe, I'll do it.

No comments: