Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Morning Update

In the other room, my kids are acting out an elaborate drama with little metal cars.  I've had a too large cup of coffee, but it's helped my sinuses.  Today I will pick up my in-laws at the airport.  They'll be supporting me until Bryan gets back from his epic surf trip.  My mom just left after staying for a week.  I've got a cold, but it's manageable.  I need more pillows.

I've made the house as comfortable as possible, but I still have a little work to do.  I've vowed to bake something at home at least once a week, but that's not happened yet.  I'm still in a good space, though there was a week-long rough patch full of insomnia and stomach upset, tension and a lack of confidence.  I got through it with Pema Chodron, a three-day weekend with family and friends, and sleep.

Wish I had been 40 in my 20s.

No comments: