Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Planting Ideas

There's a couple of things I'd like to do this next year, and when I say "year" I mean fiscal (or school year), because that's how my life works these days.
  1. Be free of stupid debt.  I have some smart debt (student loans, 1% interest car, etc.) and some stupid debt (credit card, HELOC)
  2. Read between 50 and 100 books.  I have a lot of unread books on my shelf, that I have bought at one time or another.  I move them from house to house and they need to be read.  I already have the next three picked out, thanks to Bryan's mom, who has been here for two weeks and has already read four books.
  3. Speak better French.  I speak enough French to be a tourist, since I'm way, way out of practice, but I'd like to speak better.  This might be in the form of a conversation partner or a class.  Once this year gets going, I'll be curious to see what form this takes.
  4. Move forward on my school.  There have been many roadblocks, and now it's time to leap.  I've been at this step in the process for several months.
So there.  That's all I'd like to personally accomplish, along with the daily stuff about being a good person, mother, spouse, daughter, sibling, friend, etc.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Yay for goals! Check out city college, I'm not sure how advanced their language classes get, but I had a really good experience studying Italian there and they're CHEAP. Take Care!

Megan said...

That is a really good idea. Yet another seed planted. Thanks Brandi!