Thursday, January 28, 2010

There's been a lot of testing of my patience lately

Today was another day of standing-up-for-my-principles.  Joy.  Tomorrow gets to be the day of discussing difficult topics with difficult people.  I told a colleague, "Bring it on.  I like a challenge."  Every unfun crappy thing I have to do, makes me not only get better at doing uncomfortable things which always means growth, but it allows me to examine my response to the situation, how I handle it, what my shenpa is around it, and grow to become a better all around human being, better able to handle difficult situations.  Having the good hormones enter into the picture adds to the prajna of it all, but hey, I'll take it how I can get it.

Productivity geek-out:  Tonight I had a stack of stuff on my desk, that I brought home and conquered, and an inbox that was threatening to do my head in.  Tonight, that all got done away with, so I have a few items to print out,  a few things to file, and then I think I can get to inbox zero by tomorrow night.

No comments: