Monday, November 02, 2009

Topical

I'm still in love with the president. He's become my role model of positivity and hope. I attempt to maintain that same attitude in my work, and even though things aren't perfect in the world, I know at least I can relax and that my ideals for how things should be heading, is actually being considered. I can't ask for more really. I don't think I've ever felt this good about an administration, maybe I wasn't old enough, maybe I wasn't aware enough. Maybe when I was, those in charge weren't worthy of my trust and admiration. Regardless, times are changing and although the icecaps are melting, folks feel motivated to change, and that's saying a lot.

Today was an interesting day. I got caught up, things got sticky at the end there. Learning how to breathe into whatever comes my way. A friend of my sister's turned me on to a philosopher-teacher person, whose book on tape I listened to in the car last week. I'm in the car a lot, (which is glorious - I love to drive) and it gives me time to think, breathe and listen. When she talks I imagine my cropped-hair baking instructor, who looks nothing like the actual person speaking, but that's cool.

☎☎☎

No comments: