Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie - Espresso-Cheesecake Brownies

Even though I've a lot going on at the moment, I was able to take some time to create this week's recipe: Melissa of Life in a Peanut Shell chose Espresso Cheesecake Brownies.


Here's my end result. I learned that chevron technique from the genius JS, and even though it's easy, when I first started making the design on his tartlets, I was shaking and nervous. He was super-patient and supportive. I wasn't so sure how the swirls were going to turn out, so I went with this pattern. As you see them in this photo, they're still hot and right out of the oven, so I won't actually cover them with the icing or eat one until tomorrow afternoon.

Here's some photos that led up to this final product:

Melted butter and chocolate

Cream cheese about to be whipped with sugar, egg, espresso powder and vanilla bean paste.

The usual suspects

The finished components> Espresso cheesecake and brownie batters.

To make things smooth and to make sweet lines for chevron-ing.

I have to remember when I'm feeling overwhelmed that the recipes in her book are not overly-complex or time-consuming. I should know that I'm always able to fit one in. I'm thankful for the flexibility of being able to miss a couple of weeks if I need to. You Dorie-bakers are great!

Thanks for the delicious choice!

2 comments:

Flourchild said...

Wow your chocolate swirly art is outstanding. Great looking brownies. I loved this recipe!

TeaLady said...

Love that chevron technique. Looks soooo cool.

Have you tried them yet? Did you like them?