Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie - Banana Bundt Cake

Mary of The Food Librarian chose Classic Banana Bundt Cake for this week's recipe.

Let me start out by saying this is a cake, not a bread. My mom makes the best banana bread and I wouldn't even bother trying to top it. This here's a cake, in a beautifully, elaborate bundt pan I got from my sister-in-law, D.

A while ago, I heard Dorie being interviewed and she was asked how she stayed so slim, whilst baking such deliciousness. She said she practiced "bake and release," baking and then giving it away to friends, family and neighbors so that it wouldn't be lying around the house. I adopted this practice when I first started baking and pastry school, but in the move we lost the grateful neighbors we once had. Yesterday when I tried to offer some tarts to our new neighbor's mother-in-law, she refused and I ended up throwing them out. Not the best. So thankfully, our current landlord is enamored with the fact that I'm a baker; each month, along with the rent I deliver a cake. Guess what she's getting today.


♨♨♨

7 comments:

theeclecticconnoisseur said...

Your bundt cake is gorgeous! No worries, giving away baked goods is a great way to make friends. ;-)

Marthe said...

Your bundt cake looks amazing!! I normally take everything I bake with me to work, I'm soooo popular with my colleagues now ;-)

Flourchild said...

Are you kidding me! SOmeone refused your baked goods..crabby! Your cake looks so good. I really love the fluted sides..nice!

Pamela said...

Yeah, if you're gonna bake, you gotta give stuff away. Other wise, we'd never fit in our clothes again, right? ;o) Nice job on the cake. It looks perfect!

delightfullysweet said...

I am with Dorie...I always try to give away a baked good. I would be the size of a house if I didn't!
Lovely bundt!

isa said...

That cake look abolutely gorgeous!

lasinthekitchen said...

Bake and release - I like that phrase! Your banana bundt cake looks beautiful! I love the design of your pan. And what a lucky landlord!!