Friday, February 13, 2009

List-making

When we made our plan to move to France, I went into hyper-organization mode making lists of things that had to be done each month, and then as we got closer, it moved to what needed to be done daily. A few unexpected things came up which threw major wrenches into the mix, but all in all, it turned out fine and we were successful in getting it all done.

We're kind of faced with the same situation. Not a lot of time, and a lot to do. I set out and made a mental walk through of the house, packing things in my mind and putting the moving process in order on a calendar. I like making lists, because then I don't have to think about it. I just look at the list.

I've done the same thing with my calendar. Everything goes on the calendar, right when I make the plan/appointment. If it's not on the calendar, it's not going to happen and I won't even remember that I said I would do it. I think back to being 22 and not EVER having to write anything down. I could remember my work schedule (I had 3 jobs) any appointments, or social engagements all in my head.

And, balloon animals.

✔✔✔

No comments: