Sunday, January 04, 2009

2009 - Goals


I'd like to write a lengthy bit about my hopes and aspirations for 2009, but I don't think I've got time to get through it all before I need to get up and get going.

An awesome blog I read, Zen Habits, recommends only making one goal at a time, but the organization system I use, GTD recommends dumping everything out of your brain on to a list so that you can focus on what needs to be done and not on trying to remember what it is you need to do. So here's my list; I'll just take on one at a time, deal?

• Have less fear - I act from a fear space a lot, almost to the point that I don't notice it anymore. My intention now is to notice it and then do whatever it is I'm afraid of anyway.

• Understand money - We're broke and in a bad way. It's been a blessing though because we finally have a budget and are forced to stick to it. The problem is that I don't understand what my options are or what half of those real estate papers mean in my filing cabinet.

• Develop a plan to get out of debt - Along with "understand money" I want to develop a plan to be out of debt in the next five years, so we can focus on having fun instead of catching up.

• Be more social - I have few friends. I'm a private person who tends to not be very outgoing with people outside of my family (I know a few family members who are snickering right now) but when it comes to meeting new folks and forging new friendships, I tend to not make it a priority, which leaves me feeling isolated sometimes. It is definitely related to that fear thing at the top of the list.

• Become more integrated in my community - Want to stay put for a while, find some parents' groups or otherwise that we can belong to. Volunteer in the community, join a club, make changes, be a part of something I believe in.

to be continued...

✺✺✺

No comments: