Monday, December 01, 2008

Twelve-one

New to me baking: frosted a 3-layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, with fancy decorations and everything. Made six batches of danish dough (a long rolling out process which I have yet to master) Made cranberry curd to fill little delicious tartlettes and some pie dough, all on my own. I have the steepest learning curve ever.

Broke my KitchenAid today. It made a horrible sound and then stopped.

Gave the kids' teachers the teacher recommendation forms to apply to a private school in SF. It won't happen without financial aid, but it's definitely not going to happen if I don't apply.

Generic, boring homework for the kids will be coming to a close. We're talking to the teachers this week.

I'm the mom no teacher wants to have.

✔✔✔

No comments: