Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Picky Picky

Now I'm considering a Catholic school. A liberal Catholic school, but anyway... I'm putting in applications for Synergy on Friday and I'll call for a tour of Finn Barr next week. Also poking around Craigslist for apts and flats in Glen Park, outer sunset. Slowly inching our way back into the city maybe? Just thinking about it at this point. No rush and no forcing. We'll see what comes up.

Also checking back into unschooling which would require a lot of work on my part, but it could be really awesome. It will be wonderful when I find something that feels good to me. The academic rigor and the "I must start preparing my kids for Stanford" mentality isn't my goal. It's curiosity and the love of learning I'm looking for. Public school wants to hammer that right out of them. Where are the hippies?

No comments: