Sunday, November 23, 2008

Baker

Today was a good day even though I felt physically off. I frosted a large carrot cake and cut it into equal pieces, I whipped some cream to decorate tartlettes; I gold leaf-ed some others. Then I made a pot of pastry cream and whipped up eight banana cream pies. I prepared a boat-load of baguettes and sixty-four cinnamon rolls, half with raisins and half without. Followed this up with super-vegan muffins, and finished the day with empanadas and samosas.

Today I pulled away from the bakery at my very favorite time of the day, dusk. The weather was a bit brisk, but I kept the window down as I drove home, listening to something other than NPR.

I realized that I always thought it would have to be one or the other, education or baking, and now I have both and I couldn't be happier. I really am happy.

♨♨♨

No comments: