Saturday, September 13, 2008

Last Days

Last night I fell asleep at 8:30, typing up my cake plan for today, so this morning I was up at 5:00 and continued the planning.

I have two days left of formal baking training. Today I make a bunch of stuff in preparation for tomorrow's putting of things together, and displaying for graduation. I'm nervous and so are the other 12 people in the kitchens, which will make for a highly frenetic day for us all, I'm certain.

Last night I made the finalized version of the Basque cake for the kids' school BBQ. I had a couple of people tell me it was tasty, which helped since I didn't get to try it and Bryan was across the playground with the kids. It's edible.

I met with the owner of the bakery I'll be externing at, where I'll be making pies! pies! pies! and other delicious pastry-type items. This guy makes the best croissant this side of the Atlantic.

No comments: