Monday, September 29, 2008

15 minutes

I'm about to call an old friend that I've been out of touch with for the past eight years. In that time, I've had several dreams about him and have come to realize those angst-y situations I found him in while I slept, are just some part of me that I've yet to figure out. I tried lots of creative ways to find him, but nothing worked. I thought maybe I'd run into him on the street in SF, but I never did. Finally one of my not-so-unconventional ways worked, and in ten minutes, I'll be talking to him, hopefully like no time has passed at all. He's living in Portland, via Las Vegas and tells me he was married once and now divorced.

We always had a strange, honest, fun, close relationship and I wonder what it will be like now. He saved me once; I spent a lot of time saving him, and I was happy to do it.

Chatty chat chat chat. 5 minutes.

Edit: We talked for an hour and it was nice to catch up. Now I'm sad because he's sad and there's nothing I can do about it. Never was; isn't now.

No comments: