Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Medrich and The Altman

This is where I take my baking class. Two weeks ago, Alice Medrich came and taught us about chocolate and then proceeded to make an amazing cake consisting of several steps. On this night, she also made chocolate sorbet, some tuille cookies and dipped caramels. On saturday she made a slew of things that weren't chocolate and were 100% amazing, delicious and easy.



The blurry blonde figure in the back is our chef. She is the pastry chef at Bay Wolf in Oakland and a kind and patient instructor. There are two kitchens in the school. This is the front kitchen, but I ordinarily work in the back, which is spacious, but darker.

I have 4 weeks left of class and then I don't know what I'll do with myself at night...bake I suppose.

Slowly moving towards the school. Working on the second step, principal training.

No comments: