Monday, July 07, 2008

Back to baking

Tonight I returned to my baking class after having two weeks off. We started our last ten weeks with European cakes. Tonight I made two cakes that looked surprisingly similar when baked, but were prepared using completely different methods: A Gateau Opéra and a Chocolate Genoise. They're nothing to look at now since we just made the cake part tonight. Wednesday I'll finish my last cake and the fillings, then Saturday, I decorate and get assessed. If I have time I get to make a cake of my choosing, so I'm going to make a Basque cake if everything goes as planned. I hope I can find the recipe that Bernadette wrote for us before we left. If not I'll have to search for one, which will be difficult since there were so many different ways to make them.

No comments: