Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sunday

Woke up at 7:00. Coffee and internet. Breakfast. Then coffee maker cleaning; it has never been cleaned. I won't go into the gory details but let's say I'm curious as to how different the coffee will taste tomorrow without the "seasoning" of years of built up coffee in the thermos pot. I know my mom is fully grossed out right now. It was an easy little powder, brew and rinse thingy, and I don't know why we waited so long to do it. It's a small accomplishment, but for how large a role coffee plays in our lives (as hotdogsladies says, "Coffee is [the kids'] third parent.") you'd think we'd be a little OCD about it. Surprise. We're not.

At 10:00 on the nose, I logged on to purchase tickets for my favorite band of all time, Built to Spill who are playing my favorite album of theirs at a performance in September. I got the tickets, but you better bet I was going to be the first person online to order them, just to make sure.

Success led to feelings of elation and the desire to rid the house of the 63742632472074 dust bunnies who have taken up residence. Done. The house will be clean for the next 7 days. I was talking to Bryan's mom who said it seems like every time the kids leave, I clean the house. I told her I wasn't about to follow them about with a dustpan; it's going to be messy around here with two five year-olds, so cleaning often happens when either we get around to it (like today) or when it's driving us nuts and we just make it happen.

Now I need to think about $ and do some much-needed organizing in the workroom.

À demain.

No comments: