Thursday, May 22, 2008

I <3 Bread



Didn't want to fight with the shape of my fougasse so I went with it.

Last night I made breads. We actually mixed them on Monday and proofed and formed them last night. My fougasse were GIGANTIC but my other two breads, a white and some cloverleaf dinner rolls, weren't proofed long enough.

I liked the act of bread making, not rushed and fully hands-on.

On a different note, I'm busy and I'm needing to plan what my summer work experience is going to look like. Also what next (school) year may look like. I put in a request to stay at my current school but I'm leaving it up in the air until I see what I'm offered in terms of classes. I was pretty clear about my needs/desires to the scheduler, so it's pretty much out of my hands until classes are assigned and they give me my assignment. At that point I can decide if I'll stay or move on.

I have a lot going on (parenting, baking, teaching, tutoring, eating/sleeping/breathing, planning, applying and studying) and if I didn't have a calendar to schedule myself, I'd lose my mind. (Thank you iCal.) I'm pretty lucky to have so much wonderfulness in my life.

The upcoming 3-day weekend is looking mighty stellar: Birthday celebration, relaxing, fun.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

That is so pretty.