Friday, February 01, 2008

Systems

One of my resolutions for being jobless for the last 8 months was to master the major areas of my life: Being a mom (kind of unavoidable), muscles (getting there), money (setting it all up so I understand finances). It's funny, when I start to understand something and I think to myself, "Damn, I wish I had started doing this x number of years ago," but if I was ready to do it then I would have. And for whatever reason I didn't, I didn't. The point is I'm doing it now, and it feels good.

Having systems, which sounds robotic but is completely organic for me since my brain is organized like that, helps me to not worry about everything. If I have a system about something, I know it's going to get taken care of in time and it frees my mind up to think deeply about other, more important stuff. I love systems, but up until recently have been unable to keep them in check. Something has shifted and it's working for me now.

In other news, the woman from my interview yesterday is calling my references. A good sign. Today the kids have a play date at a bouncy place and it's stopped raining for the time being. All I can see out the front window is clear, blue sky.

No comments: