Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Down to one

Since my teaching job occurs right smack in the middle of the day, I am only going to be working one job for the moment. That will do for the month or so I have left before I begin my baking program, which offered to find me a part-time position. I've postponed the internship until this summer, and hopefully next term, I'll be able to ask for my classes to be held in the early a.m. I'm not going to worry about it at the moment. I have confidence that it will all work out somehow.

The Bay Area is glorious in that I'm finally able to do some of the things I wanted to do; they're abundant and occur at all hours of the day. The flexibility is key, with a family, and I like being able to do things after the kids are in bed, so I can maximize my time with them.

I officially start working tomorrow, though it's mainly planning and I have my first teaching day on Tuesday, next week. I still haven't gotten through my (literal) ton of teaching boxes, but I hope to open one or two today to investigate what I packed away.

No comments: