Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's a Banner Day

Wow. A good day which was totally unexpected. I had a job interview with a study abroad home placement service thing as a program manager. The interview went swimmingly and even if I don't get an offer, I must admit my interview skills are improving with all this practice. I'll save the cool details about the job for if it comes through.

One of the things I was concerned about (well that's putting it lightly) was the insurance, since this job doesn't have medical or dental benefits. I called around, first to Kaiser, which sent me to the state, which sent me to then another program which told me about the "Major Risk Medical Insurance Program." It's not great but it's insurance that will cover Isaac for less than the $1000 I thought it was going to cost. It's something, which is a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Meanwhile, this opens up a lot more part-time employment options for me.

No comments: