Friday, December 28, 2007

Weather, whether



Let me say that it's finally starting to feel like winter around here. There was a smidge of rain last night or early this morning, and yesterday's wind made me happy to have a hat. I'm sitting on the couch looking out the front window and I can see the neighbor across the way is having a fire in his/her fireplace.

I've plugged into the various interests here in San Mateo, and this morning, reminding myself of my MS mantra, I decided not to schedule it all into my iCal. I take that as a sign of success.

Today, I'm not sure what to do with the kids. Yesterday we went to the library and baked, both good rainy day activities, and there's not big enough puddles to jump in yet, so I guess we'll see what motivates us as the day progresses. I do know that I'd like to visit the Y and I need to mail a letter.

I applied for yet another job. Deadline was today. Hopefully I'll hear back, because it's something I actually want to do instead of something that I want because it would be money.

Tomorrow, Bryan and I have an actual date. It looks like dinner at a new little Italian place and a movie; the latest Coen Brothers' movie holds promise.

No comments: