Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Animals

Last week, or maybe it was two weeks ago, Bea asked, "How do you make a stuffed animal?" This gave me the idea to take the kids to one of those build-a-bear places, which we did today. I'm fully admitting that I staged an elaborate ruse to hide the bright, pink, kitty with the artificially, long eyelashes before they went in to choose their animals. I didn't need to, because it ended up that Isaac wanted a turtle to go along with his current love, Franklin, and Bea chose a jaguar. I love Franklin too. It always has a good message and it's got one of the best theme songs out there. After we filled the animals with fluff, they named them: Isaac named his, wait for it, Franklin, and Bea named hers Jane, after the Jane in Mary Poppins.

All in all, it was a good day and the kids fell asleep in under 15 minutes. That's how I know I've done a good job, when they fall asleep without 20 requests for water and trips to the potty. Tonight there was not a one.

No comments: