Monday, July 17, 2006

The Protestant Center


I finally got to run again. A strong breeze picked up around 9:30 so I headed out along the front de mer, crowded with tourists. When I got home, the Protestant Center across the street was putting on a classical concert. I sat on the stoop, took off my shoes and enjoyed the breeze blowing up the street and the music coming through the windows of the temple.

It's the 50th anniversary of the temple. When we moved here it looked pretty rough. They spent all of May and June fixing it up for the anniversary and now have an exposition detailing the history of the Protestant movement in Royan and they've started a summer concert series. I visited last week and a kind, older man gave me a personal tour of the exposition. At the end, we had a brief political discussion about fear and the government.

No comments: