Saturday, April 29, 2006

Talmont-sur-Gironde


Today after naps, we headed about 15km south of Royan to the walled town of Talmont, built in 1284. It's out on a little peninsula in the river Gironde, at the tip of which is an old church and graveyard.
There are less than 100 people that live there and the town is a collection of stone houses and little streets and alleys. There are restaurants, a couple ice cream and crepe places as well as several shops filled with clothing, art etc. that the locals have made.


Other photos here.

No comments: